Thursday, April 17, 2014

Review: More (More #1) by T.M. Franklin


RATING
★★★★☆ 



SUMMARY
Ava Michaels used to think she was special.

As a child, she fantasized about having magical powers . . . making things happen. But Ava grew up and eventually accepted the fact that her childish dreams were just that, and maybe a normal life wasn't so bad after all.

Now a young college student, Ava meets Caleb Foster, a brilliant and mysterious man who’s supposed to help her pass Physics, but in reality has another mission in mind. What he shows Ava challenges her view of the world, shaking it to its very core.

Because Caleb isn't quite what he seems. In fact, he's not entirely human, and he's not the only one.

Together, the duo faces a threat from an ancient race bound to protect humans, but only after protecting their own secrets—secrets they fear Ava may expose. Fighting to survive, Ava soon learns she's not actually normal . . . she's not even just special.

She's a little bit more.



REVIEW
Unfortunately, I've had this book sitting on my Kindle for almost a year. Almost a year. Well, that was a huge mistake on my part. If I had known what magic was hidden within those pages ... man. I should have read this long ago. You know, this is my first novel from Franklin. She was pretty unknown to me before picking this novel up but I'm really excited to see what is in store for the future of this series. 

More does start off a little slow ... at first, I was thinking that it might take me forever to get through the book but after you get a couple of chapters in, it's REALLY engaging. There were bunches of unexpected twists and surprises. The book had a super nice flow to it after the first shaky section and I didn't find any more slow spots. It actually starts to move at almost a break-neck speed and it pulls you along with it. 

I will definitely be looking into some more novels by this author and the likelihood that I'll read this one again is extremely high. This is one that I'll be adding to my must read list for my friends and family. 



FIND MORE HERE


 

No comments:

Post a Comment