Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Review: The Notorious Lady Anne by Sharon Cullen

Nicholas Addison, celebrated captain of the Blackwell Shipping Fleet, has agreed to take Mrs. Emmaline Sutherland aboard the Pride and ferry the raven-haired beauty across the Atlantic on what he imagines will be a routine trip. But when the ship is attacked by pirates, the seemingly innocent passenger is revealed to be none other than the infamous marauder Lady Anne, whose name strikes fear in the hearts of sailors everywhere—and whose seductive wiles commandeers Nicholas’s affections.

Lady Anne, a legend of the high seas, has spent the last eleven years plotting revenge against her father, the owner of Blackwell Shipping. She’s targeted the Pride in hopes of plundering its captain’s company secrets. But beneath her fierce courage and bitter determination, Anne has the delicate heart of a woman—a heart that cannot help falling for Nicholas. Now Anne must make a difficult choice: bring down Blackwell or surrender to love.






I've always been a big lover of historical romance novels. I love everything about them. I just adore reading stories about the 1800's. Anyhow ... I was super excited to get my hands on this one, hoping that I had found a new favorite author. 

Unfortunately, that just wasn't the case. I don't know if it was the pirate thing or what, but I just didn't get this one. And that's really sad since it's received a pretty high rating on other sites. It just wasn't for me. Now don't get me wrong ... I just didn't like the story line ... that isn't to say that the book wasn't written well because it was. It was a well written book, I liked the main hero of the story at first and then he just lost it for me. I just grew ... tired of him. I can't really put my finger on it. I was just really disinterested in what was going on. 

I think this novel was well thought out and well planned, just not for me. From what everyone is saying about this book, if you like historical romance novels, the chances that you will enjoy this one is pretty high. I will probably try another title from this author just to see if maybe it was the pirate thing for me because that is the one word that keeps popping into my head. I blame it on Jack Sparrow. No other pirate will do it for me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment