Monday, August 7, 2017

Book Review: Naughty Boss (Steamy Coffee Collection #1) by Whitney G.

He definitely wasn't supposed to get that email...
 Subject: My Boss.

Have I already told you that I hate my boss today?

Sexy as hell or not, this pompous, arrogant, ASSHOLE asked me to pick up his dry cleaning the second I walked through the door. Then he told me that I needed to take his Jaguar to a car wash that was ten miles outside of the city, but only after I needed to stand in a never-ending line to buy some type of limited, hundred-dollar watch.

I honestly can't wait to see the look on his face two months from now when I tell him that I'm quitting his company and that he can kiss my ass. KISS. MY. ASS.

All those former fantasies about him kissing me with his "mouth of perfection" or bending me over my desk and filling me with his cock are long over. OVER.

Your bestie,
Mya

PS--Please tell me your day is going better than mine...




Subject: Re: My Boss.
No, you haven't already told me that you hate your boss today, but seeing as though you've sent me this email directly, I know now...

Yes, I did ask you to pick up my dry cleaning the second you arrived to work to day. (Where is it?) And I did tell you to take my Jaguar to the car wash and pick up my thousand-dollar watch. (Thank you for taking five hours to do something that could be accomplished in two.)

You don't have to wait two months from now to see the look on my face when you tell me you're quitting. I'm standing outside your office at this very moment. ( Open the door. )

No comment on your "fantasies," although I highly doubt they're "long over."

Your boss,
Michael

PS--Yes. My day is definitely going far better than yours...






I'm telling you, my head must be up my butt most of the time because not only did I not know about this book until a couple of days ago but I wasn't familiar with this author. How does that even happen?!?

Novellas are not my thing. I've been burned quite a few times with them because it never feels like the story is complete - things aren't fully fleshed out and I'm left irritated that I wasted time on a partial novel. Lately, I've been lucky enough to find quite a few novellas that are AWESOME. This one definitely deserves to be at the top of the pile. 

Since it is such a short book, I'm going to be very brief with my review because I don't want to give anything away. First, I hope that you've read the blurb already and if you have, then you probably won't be reading any reviews to check the book out because you'll realize without having to read my thoughts that this book is going to be badass. You would be correct. It is. Very much so. 

This novella is partially written as emails. I didn't know how I would feel about that at first but I ended up falling in love with the whole darn thing. What an interesting concept! I think it gives you a peek into who a character actually is because things are said to besties that aren't said to anyone else - sometimes even ourselves. And then the response that Michael gave Mya. I wanted to die of embarrassment for her. Can you imagine?!?

These two had such amazing chemistry and you couldn't help but admire Mya and all of her snarkiness and when you get her d-bag boss, Michael, thrown into the mix ... it's just great. You'll read reviews where it bashes Michael's character because he's a man-whore. Yes, the dude sleeps around. That's probably too nice of a phrase for him ... he had a different chick lined up every day. Like scheduled and shit. First of all, I find that admirable. Can you imagine trying to juggle that many women, let alone scheduling stuff? My husband can't even keep up with ME ... so I can't imagine that poor bastard and the balancing act he'd have to pull out of somewhere. Michael's ... extra curricular activities ... come off as almost comical and no reason to get all virginal Mary on the book. It's fine. It's a book. You won't burst into flames, people. 

The story itself is super fast paced - which is my favorite - and when you're done, you'll wish that there were more pages but not because things weren't buttoned up nicely - you just want more of Michael and Mya. I don't blame you. I'm in the same boat. Steamy book and an amazing author ... I'm a massive fan!!



Available Now


No comments:

Post a Comment