Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Review: Four Weeks Till Forever (The Pryce Family #1) by Nadia Lee


He's never met a woman he wants to spend his life with...

The man: Billionaire playboy Mark Pryce.

The problem: A "real" date for his family's Fourth of July party...or he'll have to attend with the heiress his mother's picked out for him to marry.

The woman: His best friend's executive assistant, Hilary Rosenberg--the only one who can save him from this fate worse than death.

...she is convinced good men are a thing of the past.

Disillusioned by a series of painful relationships, Hilary has no interest in dating Mark--even as a pretense--for the next four weeks. He's too sexy, too smart, altogether too attractive--and a sure bet to break her heart. But she owes him a favor, and she always pays her debts.

When their charade threatens to turn into a happily ever after, can a reformed playboy convince his wary Cinderella that fairy tale endings really can come true?






I'm just going to hop right in here and get started ... no weirdo analogies this time! I was really excited about this one and for me, it fell a little flat. It's not that it wasn't good ... it was ... it just wasn't great. The novel felt a little shallow. Not shallow like a person who is self absorbed but shallow as in it didn't really have any depth. I guess that I wish it was more gritty. This chick (Hilary) is going through a horrible time! I wanted to feel sorry for her or some kind of anguish, sadness ... something. I just wasn't invested in the book. 

Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting read and it kept me captivated but it always felt just a little incomplete. I didn't know the characters as well as I wanted to, I was always wondering about motivations for their actions or why didn't they do THIS instead of THAT. This could all be my fault. This novel is a spin-off of another series by this author and while the story isn't contingent upon those other series, maybe the background info from them would have solved my problems with this one. 

I don't know. This just didn't blow my skirt up. I wouldn't be opposed to trying another novel from this author and seeing what happened. It may be a totally different experience since I've met the characters now. Who knows, but I'm open to it in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment