Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Review: Bulletproof Weeks (When You're Gone #2) by Taryn Elliott


Being a famous rock star for almost two decades means putting his life on display. But for the last two years Logan King has dealt with the uglier side of fame. When his stalker escalates to issuing veiled threats against the first woman he's allowed in his life, Logan locks down and shuts Izzy out. His stalker isn't just anyone—she's as famous as he is with a financial reach that makes her infinitely more treacherous.

Falling for Logan King wasn't part of Isabella Grace's plans and their spectacular public breakup didn't make it easy to move on. Whispers and pitying looks from people in her small town send her fleeing from the first place that finally feels like home. Her solace becomes her travel for work, but the niggling sense that someone is watching her follows her from city to city. When she begins to unravel the secrets that surround the man she still loves, she discovers her personal security detail and demands answers. And they all point to Logan.

Letting him back into her life comes with many more challenges–and rewards–than she could've ever dreamed. But loving a man like Logan comes at a dangerous cost. One that has a lasting effect that could echo into all their tomorrows.






Well ... a certain adage comes to mind with this one ... Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, I'm the biggest damn idiot in the land. Fine. That's not how the saying goes, but that is what it means. I fell for this damn bullshit ending AGAIN. Again. I don't know what I was thinking ... maybe that the book would have an ending. Maybe that things could be closed out in this one. But NOOOOO. I'm an idiot and this book is bullshit. 

So. In case you didn't guess, there is a cliffhanger ending. Again. And I use the word "ending" VERY loosely here. It's not an ending. It's the middle of a paragraph that was never finished. I mean hell, the book is only 200 pages, this crap could have been sewed up nicely and the story over. But no. I mean what was the thinking on this ... "Hey guys, let's just rip this 400 page book in half ... then we can sell it as two books!!! We already conned these readers into buying the second installment ... I bet we could get 3 or 4 more out of them!!" Bastards. Greedy bastards.

Okay, maybe I would be more okay with this "ploy" (highway robbery) if the book was just that amazing but it wasn't. I didn't find it nearly as exciting or interesting as the first in the series. This one was basically a non-starter for me. The characters were okay and their interactions were good ... when there were any. I didn't think that there was as much dialogue in this one and I missed that snarky/sassiness from the first novel. 

But never fear, there are sex scenes in abundance. Again. These scenes didn't do anything for me except make the urge to flip someone the bird almost unbearable. I. Am. Ticked.

I WON'T be picking up the next book in this series. My urge to find out what happens is not strong enough. Not again. Ever. 






No comments:

Post a Comment