Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Book Review: Entice (Hearts of Stone #3) by Veronica Larsen


Turns out I’ve been faking being an adult.
My job? My apartment? The pretty life I've built?

Let's just say I've made some mistakes.

I'm knee-deep in the mess I've made when I find him. Tall, dark-haired, and rough around the edges. The boy I never noticed is all grown up, in all the right ways. And he's not about to let me forget it.

He can try to pretend he's immune to our attraction. I'm trained in the art of persuasion and I love a challenge.

But how can he know the answers to questions I haven't thought to ask? I’ve been putting out fires, fighting like crazy to get my life back on track. And this man? He acts like he knows who's holding the match.

Maybe there's no such thing as mistakes.
What if it's all just sabotage?






If I wasn't already a massive fan of Veronica Larsen, I would be now. This book has pushed my love of her writing to an almost awkward place. Not stalkerish ... but close. The author once told me that I might find that the main character (Emily) just might be my spirit animal and I would have to agree with her wholeheartedly.

The characters are absolutely fabulous in Entice. To say that I'm slightly obsessed with tall, dark and broody Owen would be an understatement. And Emily. This chick has no filter what so ever. The things that just fly out of her mouth are statements that I would NEVER consider saying but I've secretly always wanted to. I'll be honest, she has a serious case of verbal diarrhea. While I wouldn't want to be plagued with this affliction, it is hilarious to read. Emily is just brutally honest and she thinks that everyone is just dying to know what is on her mind. Now, that isn't always the case but again, it's fun to experience through these pages. And Owen was a perfect match for this fiery little woman. He didn't even flinch at the outrageous things that would fly out of Emily's mouth! It was fun just watching to see if he would ever have a reaction to her potty mouth. I won't tell you if he did, you definitely need to experience this one for yourself. 

There's a pretty cool thing that Larsen has going on with this Hearts of Stone series. All of the books are considered standalone novels but if you read them in order, it enhances each of the stories so very much. Plus, all of them are great and you'll want to read them anyway, so you might as well read them in order, right?

I really don't have any critiques for this book. I adored everything about it; I enjoyed the pacing, the writing style, (especially) the characters and everything in between. These books are written in such a way that you really don't want to put them down and before you know it, you've missed lunch AND dinner and you are just wasting away but at the same time, totally satisfied because you're reading a book that you can't bring yourself to close. 

Larsen has placed herself at the top of my MUST READ list and I know that I'll be a fan for life. Also ... this is one of those books that if we are going to be friends, you have to read it. No exceptions. Don't worry, you won't regret it. 



Available Now




No comments:

Post a Comment