Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Review: Thy Kingdom Fall (After Eden #1) by Austin Dragon


Thy Kingdom Fall is the provocative, debut thriller of author Austin Dragon--a dramatic mix of politics, religion, and intrigue set over 75 years in the future. In 2089, a former skin-runner-turned-star-reporter investigates the Washington DC daylight murder of the most powerful political king-maker in the nation. It is just the tip of a wider conspiracy and the start of a chain of events leading to the explosion of World War III. It is the first in the epic After Eden series.







I am one of those people that think DNF statuses for books is a cop out. For those of you who don't know what DNF means, it's short for Did Not Finish. Now, sure, there are books that are hard to get into but 99.998% of the time, I'll push through. That way, I can at least give a full, informed evaluation of the book in question. But then I came across this book.

I first received Thy Kingdom Fall over a year ago from the publisher and I was super excited to dive into it. I thought that the premise was interesting and I was so glad that I was chosen to give it a read. That first day of reading, it was almost painful. I was forcing myself to read just one more sentence. Reading should be enjoyable. Reading became torture. So I put the book down. I do this every once in a while because sometimes, I'm just not in the right mindset. I picked it back up a few weeks later but had the same results again. And then again. And again. Over and over. I was on a nightmarish ferris wheel that no one would let me off of.

Finally, I put the book down for 3 months. I didn't think about it, didn't even glance at the cover. That was at the beginning of August. And now it's the 26th and finally, I'm going to stop beating a dead horse. I can't go any further with this novel. 

Now keep in mind, there are tons of people who really enjoyed this book and you might be one of them. If it sounds awesome, check it out and let me know how it goes. I hope it goes better for you than it did for me. 








No comments:

Post a Comment