Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Review: Elect (Eagle Elite #2) by Rachel Van Dyken


Nixon Abandonato made his choice. And now he has to pay the price. Tracey is the love of his life, but being with him has made her a target of his family's enemies. The only way to keep Trace alive is convince the world she means nothing to him.

Trace Rooks has fallen irrevocably in love with the son of her family's sworn rival, and she knows in her bones nothing can tear them apart. Until Nix suddenly pushes her away and into the arms of his best friend... But Trace isn't ready to give up on a future with Nix--and if he won't fight for them, she will.

In the end, a sacrifice must be made. A life for a life. For what better way to cover a multitude of sins than with the blood of a sinner . . .







The moment I finished Eagle Elite #1, I clicked over to Amazon and ordered this one. I just HAD to know what was going to happen. And then I blew through this novel all too fast and I'm having fast-reader-remorse. I'm kind of ashamed of how quickly I read this one. I can't even TELL you how badly I want to get the third book in this series ... so bad. But alas, it is not to be. I have other books that I've got to get through and then I can come back to this series. Actually, I'll probably just read one book that I need to and then another Eagle Elite. I'll just swap back and forth. I tried telling myself that I would wait until my pile of books was depleted before I would pick up another one of these but I know that my self control with reading is ... well, it's nonexistent.

Anyhow, enough of my babbling. Let's get this show on the road. I'm going to warn you, this review will be filled with my singing the praises of this series, the author and anyone else associated with this whole thing. In case you can't tell, I have a bit of a spoiler for you ... I loved this book.

There were tons and tons of surprises this time, same as with the last book. I was just shocked during the majority of the novel. So many things happened that I just didn't foresee and usually, I can kind of pick up on where a book is going but not with this author. Never with this author. Well, there was one thing that I kind of picked up on but I think that the author wanted you to know what was coming. I was like a deer in headlights ... I knew it was coming and I couldn't enjoy my knowing because I was getting ready to be taken out by a big rig.

Let's see ... the characters are still amazing ... as usual. There isn't any fluff ... everything that you read on each page is really necessary and pertinent to the story. Don't skip over one sentence because it's something that is super important. This is one author that I know I won't skim with. Well ... I want to skim just so that I can see what is going to happen but I'm not skimming because it's boring.

All in all ... great book. You have to read it or at least the first book in the series or I can't talk to you. And we can't be friends. And you'll be dead to me.






No comments:

Post a Comment