Saturday, March 28, 2015

Review: Since Drew by J. Nathan


All Andi Parker has ever wanted, all she’s ever dreamed of, is a spot on the Olympic track team. But when an accident leaves her hospitalized with serious injuries and shattered dreams, she’s not only uncertain what her future holds but also completely alone.

Drew Slater is a wanted man. Professional football teams want him for his arm. Women want him for his irresistible good looks and charming personality. But the well-crafted disguise he wears, the one that helps him score on and off the field, hides secrets. Conceals lies. Threatens the happiness of everyone around him.

One chance encounter brings Andi and Drew together, changing their worlds in ways they never thought possible. Unfortunately, what they thought they knew about themselves—and each other—might just be the biggest lie of all. 






Andi is a runner. A hopeful Olympic runner. Well, she was. All of her hopes and dreams were seemingly crushed as a car hit her one night while she was training. Andi wakes up in the hospital battered, broken and bruised. But everything isn't a loss ... her temporary roomie is a gorgeous smart ass and someone she can't get off of her mind.

Before I start talking about anything within these pages, I think that we need a moment of silence to fully appreciate this cover. Because holy shit. That is one genetically gifted man. Maybe we need two moments ...

Cover aside, this is one of my favorite reads for this year ... I read this thing in one sitting - no stopping for bathroom breaks or drinks or food, I just blazed through it. I also think that the author might be my long lost twin. There would be these situations and conversations going on in the book and I would have these rude, snarky comments in my head (you know you have them also) and then that would be the next line in the book! It was a bit creepy actually. I was also smiling from ear to ear at the snarky flirtation that was going on, I absolutely adored it. The characters just seemed so real because of the interactions between them. It's been a long time since I've read something so very on-point (in my mind) with human interaction. 

I really can't say that much more ... not because I don't have anything to say, oh ... I do. But I don't want to give the surprises away. And there are a bunch of them. WHEN you pick Since Drew up (not IF because if you don't read this book, you're dead to me) you will find yourself sucked into this delightfully sexy read that will take you on a crazy tornado ride and leave you feeling completely disoriented. You just have to read it.

Oh! And before I forget ... two words: SPONGE. BATH. I've never wanted a damn sponge bath so badly in my life. 



Available: April 23rd, 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment