Monday, July 15, 2013

Eloquent Silence

Title: Eloquent Silence
Author: Sandra Brown
Date Published: 1982
Publisher: Vision
Pages: 288

★★★★✰
 Lauri is a dedicated young teacher for the deaf. Her past conceals a wound still unhealed, her present is a facade, and she uses her career to hide her loneliness. Drake, daytime TV's most popular star, has two secrets -- the daughter he believes may never have a normal life and the dead wife he can't forget. Jennifer is the beautiful hearing-impaired child who may become a pawn between the man and the woman she needs most. Now, in a chic New Mexico arts community, the three are given a chance to be a family...but first each must find a voice to express the deepest fears and greatest needs of the heart.



Sandra Brown never disappoints. This is one of her older books (1982) but it really reads like it could be a book that was written recently. All of her books are like that. You can't tell that it was written 28 years ago and I think that speaks volumes for the author.

Eloquent Silence was a great story that took an interesting turn at the end. I had no idea of the little twist that I was going to read when I was towards the end of the book. Brown always keeps me on my toes which is why I love her writing so much.


I'll definitely add this Brown book to the re-read rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment