Sunday, July 21, 2013

Save the Date

Title: Save the Date
Author: Jenny B. Jones
Date Published: January 2011
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Pages: 312

★★★★★
You are cordially invited to the wedding of the year with the most unlikely bride and groom. Save the date . . . and say your prayers.

When funding for Lucy's non-profit job is pulled, she is determined to find out why. Enter Alex Sinclair, former professional football star and heir to Sinclair Enterprises--the primary donor to Lucy's non-profit organization.

Both Lucy and Alex have something the other desperately wants.

Alex has it all . . . except for the votes he needs to win his bid for Congress. Despite their mutual dislike, Alex makes Lucy a proposition: pose as his fiancee in return for the money she desperately needs. Bound to a man who isn't quite what he seems, Lucy finds her heart--and her future--on the line.
 
 
 
Save the Date was so much fun to read! It was witty, sassy, full of humor and romance. It's not your traditional romance novel. I think that it was better. I haven't read a book that really made me laugh in a long time.

Jones made her characters completely real. The way that the characters interacted with each other was almost like a look into my family. There were a few different plots that were going on in this book but it didn't feel like it. The story flowed so well that I read it in a day and a half and I was wishing that it was a little longer so that I could get more of the back and forth that went between the two main characters.

I have other books that I need to read and review and I don't want to. I want to sit down and read this one over and over and over. It will never be one that I loan to anyone because I couldn't bear it if I didn't get it back. I just can't say enough good things about this book. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment