Monday, June 2, 2014

New Release & Review: Rules of Survival by Jus Accardo

Today is release day for two amazing Entangled Embrace titles and I am excited to share one of them with you!


All digital books are on sale for just $.99 for a limited time so be sure to pick up your copy today before they go back to full price!



 About the Book
Title: Rules of Survival
Author: Jus Accardo
Publisher: Entangled Embrace
Pub. Date: June 2, 2014
 

 Summary


Mikayla Morgan is wanted for her mother's murder. She's been on the run for almost a year now, avoiding not only the police but the real killer. Tired of running and desperate to clear her name, she breaks one of the most sacred rules: never return to the scene of the crime.

Every bounty hunter on the Eastern Seaboard is after the Morgan girl—but Shaun Denver and his partner snagged her. She's a piece of work, and Shaun can't decide if he wants to kiss her or kill her. When things take a sharp turn south, Shaun does the only thing he can think of to keep her close—he handcuffs them together.

As the danger mounts and the killer closes in, the chemistry between them threatens to explode. Shaun and Kayla will need to break all the rules if they hope to get out of this alive.



Rating



Review
I was lucky enough to receive this book before it came out and I only have one thing to say after reading Rules of Survival: YES!!!! Yes, yes, yes and HELL YES!! Dude, if I didn't think that I would hurt myself or someone else if I attempted to dance ... I would totally dance an awesome jig and burn up the dance floor right now. 

Man, I didn't realize how much of a book slump I had been in lately. This novel gave me a nice smack in the face. I know that sounds crazy but I guess I was just comfortable reading "okay" books lately. Nothing had really knocked my socks off in months ... until this. Gosh, I don't even know where to start. 

That's a lie. I totally know where to start. It's where everyone will want to start. With Shaun. Dear, sweet, way-too-young-for-me-but-utterly-irresistable, tortured, Shaun. I'll just tell you this much, Jus Accardo can write a great character. Just the back and forth between Shaun and Mikayla was awesome. They totally fed off of each other (conversation wise) and it was almost as if I was watching an interaction between a couple of my friends. I loved watching Shaun and Mikayla's relationship grow and morph into something that neither of them had expected.

Heck, Accardo can write a great anything for that matter. I was sucked into the story from the moment I cracked the spine on this one. Well, I didn't actually crack the spine because I read this on my Kindle. Fine. I was sucked into the story from the moment I swiped my finger across the screen. See? Not quite as moving. Speaking of moving ... I have a bit more to talk about once I'm done with this little derailment ... okay. I've never had the opportunity to live a life on the run, so I don't know exactly what it's like to not have a permanent place to stay, a steady income and food readily available. But with the way things are laid out in this novel, it was almost as if I had experienced everything on these pages. The author has a way of just totally engaging the reader and it's nothing that I've experienced in quite a while. 

I will definitely be reading something else from this author in the near future and this is one of those books that my friends have to read if they want to stay in my circle of trust. 

MUST. READ. Pick up this heart-pounding thrill ride today!!
 



Find Rules of Survival here:


Contact the author, Jus Accardo, here:

No comments:

Post a Comment