Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Book Review: Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell #1) by R.L. Mathewson


Done with being the world's biggest pushover, Haley decides that things are going to change starting with the aggravating neighbor who has too much charm and not enough restraint. What she didn't expect was to sucked into his world, but Haley has a game plan and she won't let herself forget just what the bad boy next door is capable of.

The last thing Jason expected was for his little shy neighbor to go Rambo on him over some ruined flowers. After he decides to take her under his wing he can't help but that notice that she fits very nicely in his life. Now the only left is to convince her that this is anything but a game.



 


Hands down, one of THE best books I've read this year. I haven't laughed so hard while reading a book in a while. This book was nothing short of amazing. 

I don't even know where to start. Maybe with the fact I've never read anything from this author before. Why? Possibly because I'm brain damaged or something. There's really no other reason for me to not have read this series. 

The characters were fabulous. I LOVED Jason. He was such a jackass and such a damn turd but you can't help but love his antics and in turn, him. Poor Haley. I felt so badly for her. I just wanted to go kick Jason's ass for her. I want to go into everything that happened within these pages so that you can see why it was so awesome but I can't. I can't steal that first-read-magic from you. I'll just say this ... Jason meant to make Haley's life hell and Haley figured that ignoring the issue would make it go away. It reminded me of elementary school. Every girl had that one dude in class who would not leave us the hell alone and we would try everything within our powers to get him to stop because we just didn't understand why it was happening. Boys seem to like to irritate and tease the ones that they like ... that's all I'll say. 

The sparks were just flying between these two characters on every single page. It was a great thing to experience because it made for such a light-hearted and fun read. Unfortunately, I was an idiot and blew through this book entirely too quickly. That's easy to do when the plot seems to be written so effortlessly and the characters are so captivating. 

Here's the deal, if you like romantic novels that are sweet and funny and you like plots that move along at an exciting pace or if you just like a good book, this is the one for you. I'm a big fan of this author and I can't wait to read more books in the series. Absolutely marvelous. 






No comments:

Post a Comment