Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Review: Hexed (The Witch Hunter #1)


Summary
If high school is all about social status, Indigo Blackwood has it made. Sure, her quirky mom owns an occult shop, and a nerd just won’t stop trying to be her friend, but Indie is a popular cheerleader with a football-star boyfriend and a social circle powerful enough to ruin everyone at school. Who wouldn’t want to be her?

Then a guy dies right before her eyes. And the dusty old family Bible her mom is freakishly possessive of is stolen. But it’s when a frustratingly sexy stranger named Bishop enters Indie’s world that she learns her destiny involves a lot more than pom-poms and parties. If she doesn’t get the Bible back, every witch on the planet will die. And that’s seriously bad news for Indie, because according to Bishop, she’s a witch too.

Suddenly forced into a centuries-old war between witches and sorcerers, Indie’s about to uncover the many dark truths about her life—and a future unlike any she ever imagined on top of the cheer pyramid.



Rating & Review

First of all, I ADORE the name of the heroine in this one!! Indigo Blackwood? Are you kidding me?!? Awesome name full of spunk and sass, just like the young lady who claims it as hers. After you really get to know Indigo, you can just see that no other name would do that girl justice. Love it. 

You know, this one had a slow start for me. It's not that it isn't written well, it is. It just took a while to work up to a good momentum for me. Haha ... I wrote a weird note in regards to the slow start of this one ... I think I may have written it after only sleeping for an hour and a half while we were vacationing at the beach ... not getting any sleep is my little sister's fault, by the way ... anyway, I wrote this:

Slow start to this one but when it picks up, 
hold onto your Sunday hat, Bessie!

Now ... I don't know anyone named Bessie and I don't know what hold onto your Sunday hat means but I'm assuming that I meant that the pace of the book picked up considerably. Because that's what happened. All joking aside, I'll definitely need to reread the beginning of Hexed just to see if maybe lack of sleep made me slow in the head and not the book ... if that's the case, I'll change my rating because the slow start was the ONLY reason why this book didn't get five stars. 

I really became attached to Indigo and Bishop. Oh, dear Bishop. New book crush! He is such a pain in the butt and I really enjoyed his ornery attitude. But I like the ornery ones - I married their king. Soooo ... back on track ... characters are very well written. I found them to be totally personable and easy to connect with - which is great and I'm sure very hard to do for an author. 

There are so many amazing quotes that I really want to share with everyone but I can't!!! The book isn't out and I don't have a final copy, just an ARC, so I can't share a quote unless I know that it's in the book ... which is kinda crappy because they are REALLY good. Guess you'll just have to pick it up and try it out!! You won't be disappointed. I promise!! 



Find Hexed here:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment