Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Review: I'll Be Watching You by Beverly Barton

Ella, sweet Ella, you were meant to be mine. You can’t begin to imagine all the things I want to do to you. When the time is right, I will come for you . . .

A series of hand-delivered letters leaves Ella scared for her life. Someone is watching her. Wanting her. Someone promising revenge.

Desperate for the nightmare to end, Ella will do anything to discover the truth. Even join forces with a man who comes with his own danger warning . . .







Oh, how I love a good romantic thriller!! This is my first Beverly Barton novel but I can guarantee that it won't be my last. I really, REALLY enjoyed this novel. Immediately after I finished it, I had to look this author up so that I could grab a few more books from her. I know that I won't be disappointed.

The entire novel was set up pretty well. I loved how Barton builds her characters. She gives you tiny tid-bits of info at a time and just piles on more things ... I don't know how else to explain it. But it makes the characters more interesting and I found myself becoming attached to each of them fairly quickly.

Very few authors surprise me any more. Usually, I can pick out the bad guy before I'm even a quarter of the way through the book but this time, I was shocked. Just when I would think that I had the villain pegged, I would turn out to be horribly wrong. I went through that about 4 times in this novel. It definitely kept me on my toes. 

All of that being said, there was something vaguely familiar about this plot and ending ... I don't know why but I had a sense of déjà vu throughout most of the novel. It's probably because I've read so many but something was familiar about this one. Anyhow, it's a great novel and I can't wait to see what else this author has up her sleeve. 

This one doesn't come out until October 9th, so keep an eye out for it!






No comments:

Post a Comment