Sunday, September 7, 2014

Review: Hidden Wings (Hidden Wings #1) by Cameo Renae


Seventeen is a life changing age for Emma Wise.

As her family's sole survivor in a car crash, she is left with a broken arm and a few scrapes and bruises. But these are only outward marks; inside, her heart is broken and the pieces scattered.

Whisked away to Alaska, to an aunt she’s never met, Emma starts over. Secrets unveil themselves and now…she doesn't even know who or what she is.

A centuries old prophecy places Emma in the heart of danger. Creatures of horrifying and evil proportions are after her, and it will take Emma, her aunt, and six, gorgeously captivating Guardians to keep her safe. But, if she can survive until her eighteenth birthday... things will change.






I have been burned by quite a few novels about angels. Too many. Usually, I'll just turn a book down when I hear it's about them. But something made me pick this one up and I'm really glad that I trusted my instincts on it. It's totally renewed my faith in these fantasy novels and I'm pretty excited to find another one. 

The author (whom I've never read anything from) really surprised me. She drops you off in the middle of an ongoing ... situation ... and it was the perfect start to this story. I loved meeting the characters the way that they were introduced. You know, the main character is in the hospital after this horrible wreck and she's just kind of coming to terms with what has happened to her and her family ... meeting her friends as they come to the hospital gave you this sense of timidity from the main character, it was really strange. I became anxious when Emma did ... the author just did such a great job of immersing you into this new world that Emma now inhabits.

It was really a great story, one I'll be excited to finish once I pick up the other novels. This is definitely an author to keep your eye on because she writes captivating heroes and villains that you really can't get enough of! Ooooh ... and one tiny spoiler ... it's minute (so minute that it really isn't a spoiler) ... just watch out for Kade ... you'll fall in love with him! 





No comments:

Post a Comment