Thursday, June 13, 2013

Insurgent (Divergent #2)

Title: Insurgent (Divergent #2)
Author: Veronica Roth
Date Published: May 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 525

 ★★★★★
One choice can transform you, or destroy you. Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.



Veronica Roth nailed it. Again.

There really isn't anything to say other than ... LOVED IT! I know that I said that for the last one also. But it's true. And I'm hard on books. I usually find faults with what the characters' behavior is or how something is over-described or under-described or even how there is a lack of editing. I'm hard on authors. I know that. But I'm honest and if something bothers me, it will be the first thing out of my mouth.

But I honestly had no issues with this book. It's beautifully written, I adore the character development and all of the twists and turns. She describes things so that you get an amazing picture of what is going on without beating you to death with the details.

I LOVE THIS BOOK!

Enough said. Now I'm going to sit around and stew in my unhappiness that there isn't another one for me to read until October. OCTOBER!?! I have to wait that long after such a cliff-hanger ending? That's really the only thing that I'm not happy with. But Roth wrote the ending really well ... it's just rude to leave me wondering ...

No comments:

Post a Comment