Monday, November 3, 2014

Review: Wait for You (Wait for You #1) by J. Lynn, Jennifer L. Armentrout


Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…






First of all, I just adore J. Lynn (Jennifer Armentrout). The first book I read from her was Obsidian and I just fell in love with her style of writing. She has a way of making characters and stories seem so real that you feel like you're right there with them. Not very many authors I've read have been able to convey that type of realness. 

I won't lie, after picking up Wait for You, I had some pretty high expectations set in my mind. And that was purely based on previous works of this author. Fortunately, I wasn't disappointed. At all. I was hooked on this book from the very first page and it stayed that way until the very last period. I think the word I'm looking for is entranced. I was completely and fully entranced in everything about this novel ... the characters, the settings, the villains ... everything. 

At first, I was really afraid that the main character, Avery, was going to come across as a bore. She's been through this traumatic experience in her past, she's trying to get away from anything and everything that could remind her of that time in her life and she's basically become a hermit/wallflower. But thank goodness, that isn't where the author went with this. Armentrout twisted Avery's shortcomings and turned them into endearing traits that her two new friends can connect with. 

Now on to Cameron ... my gosh ... Avery didn't stand a chance when Cam came into the picture. And what a GREAT potential love interest this guy was. I found myself smiling and loving each and every interaction that these two had. The relationship that these two characters formed was absolutely enchanting. It was easy to get swept up in the excitement of their relationship and find yourself getting antsy for more. 

I just really can't say enough about this book. I could go on and on but I am absolutely horrible about letting important spoilers/details slip when I get started, so I'm going to cut this review short. It was amazing. I will definitely read this one again. 

Oooh, wait ... I forgot to talk about why I loved this book but it wasn't a 5 star book for me. The last 20-30 pages just became a little ... not boring ... but the whole story just slowed down so unexpectedly for me that I really didn't know what to do. It was a little like when the crashtest dummies go on a bad ride ... I just hit this wall. Don't mistake what I'm saying ... this is still an amazing book and the ending really goes well with the story but it wasn't the IT ending that I was hoping for. I was hoping that from beginning to end that the excitement would stay as high as it was when I first cracked this one open and it just didn't. I have no idea how it could have ended any differently so that this wouldn't happen but that's okay. I think a book that is too perfect can make you go back and wonder if you had missed something. A few flaws are good. Even roses have thorns. Anyhow ... go pick this one up if you like romance or new adult or just a really good story. You won't be disappointed. Well, you will be a bit disappointed when the last page has been read and the Wait for You adventure for Avery and Came is over. 









No comments:

Post a Comment